- Seal all cracks and openings around windows, doors, siding, utility pipes, chimneys, and underneath your home’s wood fascia.
- Pay close attention to holes or gaps in your attic and seal them with care. Attics are the most common point of entry for stink bugs.
- Remove window- and wall- unit air conditioners as these are also an easy target for stink bugs.
- Repair broken screens and windows.
- Use caution if you opt to vacuum them up because their stink could still remain. Instead use a shop vac and take it outside immediately.
- eliminate allergies
- stop energy loss
- keep your home cool
- deter stink bugs (see more on this below)
- Seal air leaks throughout the home to stop drafts,
- Add insulation to block heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer,
- Choose ENERGY STAR qualified windows when replacing windows
Many air leaks and drafts are easy to find because they are easy to feel – like those around windows and doors. But holes hidden in attics, basements, and crawlspaces are usually bigger problems. Sealing these leaks with caulk, spray foam, or weather stripping will have a great impact on improving your comfort and reducing utility bills.
Contact us for a free air sealing estimate today!