Spray Foam Insulation in
Among the most effective ways to insulate your home from cold drafts during the winter and blistering hot air during the summer is spray foam insulation. The team of experts at DeVere Insulation Home Performance is proud to install this versatile material for homeowners throughout Baltimore, MD and the surrounding area to protect their houses and families from the elements. Drafty air is not the only concern a homeowner without insulation should have. Insufficient insulation leaves a house vulnerable to airborne pollutants, mold, allergens, and more. We have been serving the region for years by offering a full range of residential insulation services to customers in need. One of our most requested insulation solutions is spray foam. If you are eager to install this high quality product in your house, call our spray foam insulation contractors today.
Understanding the Spray Foam Insulation Basics
Spray foam insulation provides some of the best value of any insulation product on the market today. Because of its expanding properties, it seals gaps and crevices in attics, basements, and walls in one step, something loose-fill or batt fiberglass insulation cannot do without adding an additional step. This premium alternative to cellulose and fiberglass is a two-component mixture of isocyanate and polyol resin that can be applied to attics, foundations, and wall cavities. It expands once it is emitted from our equipment, allowing it to completely cover any area you need to insulate.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is an excellent investment that will reap benefits in the forms of energy savings, comfort, and much more. You can rest easy knowing it is there and never worry about diminishing returns as it settles, which can be a problem with loose-fill insulation. The many benefits of spray foam insulation include:
- Energy savings – Upon receiving your first monthly energy bill after installing spray foam insulation in your home, you may notice cost savings of 30% or more. It significantly reduces air leaks and heat transfer, allowing your HVAC system to operate optimally.
- Efficiency – Spray foam insulation is more costly than some other insulation options, but it is also much more efficient than its counterparts.
- Comfort – With fewer air leaks throughout your home your HVAC system can perform more efficiently. You will be able to enjoy a comfortable, climate controlled environment throughout the year.
- Improved air quality – By sealing any crevices in your walls, attics, and foundation you will prohibit the infiltration of airborne pollutants that could cause allergic reactions. An added benefit of spray foam insulation is moisture prevention which can suppress mold development.
- Noise cancellation – There are countless sounds just outside your home, very few of which you want to interrupt your day. Spray foam insulation can help dampen those noises so they do not become a bother.
Differences Between Open-Cell and Closed-Cell Spray Foam
There are two main types of spray foam insulation—open-cell and closed-cell—and it is important to know the difference. The team at DeVere Insulation Home Performance can explain the benefits of each and help you determine which will best suit specific areas of your home. Closed-cell foam is a dense material that blocks moisture, making it ideally suited for attics and basements. For added protection elsewhere in your home it can serve as a supplemental vapor barrier. We also offer open-cell foam. This product weighs and costs less than its closed-cell counterpart, allowing easier installation because it expands more in tight spaces. Open-cell spray foam has a lower R-value than closed-cell spray foam.