Say Goodbye to Humidity in Your House
We have all stepped outside into the great outdoors and felt intense humidity, prompting us to go right back inside. But what if that humidity is also lurking in our own homes? Humidity and moisture can build up in indoor air just as much as in outdoor air. At DeVere Home Performance we strive to provide our Baltimore, MD customers with the gold standard in moisture and humidity control. If the high humidity in your house is getting old, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team and find out how we can help. With decades of combined experience, our technicians will have your home’s indoor air cool and comfortable again. Learn more about what we have to offer.
What Is Moisture and Humidity Control?
Humidity and moisture control services allow you to live more comfortably in your home. This set of services looks at humidity levels in your home and follows a specific course of action to minimize moisture in the indoor air. From the initial assessment through the final steps, DeVere Home Performance is here to make your home comfortable for everyone.
How Excessive Moisture and Humidity Cause Problems
While excessive moisture can have a significant impact on your comfort, it affects more than that. Humidity control is necessary to make sure your home appliances stay in proper working order and micro-organisms don’t take hold and cause additional health problems. Without an adequate humidity control system, homeowners might encounter the following issues:
- Electrical problems
- Mold growth and respiratory conditions
- Condensation and water damage
- Food products quickly going bad
- Musty smells
- Inefficient HVAC system
Talk to Us About a Humidity Control Plan
How can you reduce humidity in your house? At DeVere Home Performance we follow specific steps to ensure your home is free of excess moisture. First, we will conduct an assessment to determine just how much humidity you’re dealing with. Next, our team will develop a custom control plan to restore your home’s comfort. Here’s what you can expect from our services:
- Identification: Our team will visit your home and check every nook and cranny for sources of moisture. Cooking equipment, dishwashers, laundry facilities, and bathtubs are some common culprits of excess moisture and humidity in the air. We will also check potential exterior sources including cracked windows and poor insulation.
- Dehumidification: Once we know where the moisture is coming from, we can properly dehumidify your home. We use various techniques including ventilation and advanced dehumidification equipment.
- Customized Solutions: With the humidity gone, it’s time to discuss future moisture control in your home. Our team will develop a custom solution tailored to your home’s specific needs. Common methods of moisture control include air sealing, upgraded insulation, crawl space encapsulation, and installing ventilation or dehumidification systems.
Take Advantage of These Benefits
Our customers have reaped incredible benefits after requesting our services. After a visit from our experienced technicians, homeowners enjoy increased comfort in their homes and peace of mind that their living space is free of excess moisture. The team at DeVere Home Performance is dedicated to top-notch humidity control, and our assessments will leave no detail unaccounted for. We strive to help our customers feel comfortable in their homes.
Make Your Appointment Today
Whether you need basement moisture control or you are concerned about a leak in your attic insulation, get in touch with DeVere Home Performance. Our knowledgeable team will complete a full assessment of your home and identify potential causes of excess moisture and humidity. Before you know it, your indoor air will be fresh and pleasant again. Contact our team today for more information about our services.