Basement Ceiling Insulation in Baltimore
Basement Insulation by DeVere Insulation Home Performance
Basements are prone to air leaks and moisture, making them one of the most complex places to insulate properly. Luckily the highly-trained team of professionals at DeVere Insulation Home Performance has the knowledge and products to help. Homeowners in Baltimore, MD, and throughout Maryland trust our team to protect their homes and family from the outside elements. Our award-winning insulation professionals use trusted techniques to maximize the comfort in your home. Whether you plan on finishing your basement or want to improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort, contact our professional insulators today for an estimate.
What Types of Insulation Are Available?
At DeVere Insulation Home Performance, our insulation products are installed expertly by highly trained and professional insulation contractors to ensure they withstand the test of time. Over the years, insulation products and installation methods have evolved to provide better protection. Insulation materials have a designated R-value to determine their resistance to heat flow. When you choose us, we will offer the best insulation material options to protect your home and your family. Our insulation materials include:
- Fiberglass Insulation – Traditional fiberglass insulation has been the standard for home insulation for decades, and for a good reason. It’s an affordable solution that provides exceptional R-value. Not only that, it can be installed in a variety of applications using either loose-fill or batts.
- Spray Foam Insulation – Spray foam insulation has changed the way homeowners think about home insulation. Spray foam offers unmatched coverage and combines air sealing in one step. Our team can apply spray foam to nearly any area, including hard-to-reach areas such as tight corners. Once applied, the product expands to fill the space, creating a complete thermal barrier.
- Foam Board Insulation – Foam board insulation is a good option for basement insulating when properly installed by a knowledgeable contractor. Foam board provides excellent R-value and can be cut to shape to protect tight spaces.
Highest Value Basement Insulation Locations
When it comes to basement insulation, homeowners will notice the best results when they insulate around the rim joist and box sills. Basements are challenging to insulate because there are many spaces where conditioned air can escape. This is especially true in older homes. Our team understands how to insulate your home best to maximize energy efficiency and reduce your home’s heating and cooling costs.
- Rim Joist – The rim joist is the final joist that completes the end of the row of joists that support your home’s first floor. A rim joist is found on the perimeter of the basement ceiling. Often the rim joist runs alongside your home’s exterior, which makes it susceptible to heat transfer. Our team can install spray foam or foam board insulation along the rim joist to help prevent the loss of conditioned air.
- Box Sills – Box sills are located around the edge of the basement ceiling, where two joists run parallel and meet the wall of the basement. With no protection from the outside air temperatures, box sills can dramatically affect the temperature in a basement. We recommend adding spray foam insulation to insulate and air seal box sills.
What Are the Benefits of Insulating the Basement?
Insulating your home’s basement adds to your home’s value when done correctly by the experts at DeVere Insulation Home Performance. When our team comes to your home to conduct an assessment, we’ll make recommendations on the proper insulation materials. Some of the benefits of insulating your home’s basement include:
- Reduced Energy Costs – Your home’s basement is one of the most vulnerable areas for air leaks and heat transfer. By properly insulating your basement, you can expect to see a cost reduction on your home’s monthly heating and cooling. Our insulation will eventually pay for itself when you save on your energy bill.
- Additional Square Footage – If you plan on finishing your basement space, adding insulation is a must. Not only will it keep the space comfortable, applying spray foam insulation will help prevent moisture build-up and mold growth.
- Improved Home Value – Many homebuyers understand the importance and the added value of purchasing a home that is properly insulated. A home that has basement insulation can be very enticing to new homebuyers.
Choose a Professional Team
At DeVere Insulation Home Performance, we are dedicated to ensuring that all our basement home insulation services are completed using trusted installation methods. Our knowledgeable and experienced team is trained to follow rigid installation practices so that you can feel confident your home will enjoy the benefits of proper insulation for years. We are committed to providing our customers with upfront, affordable pricing and on-time services that they can trust. Our work and word mean everything. We are committed to completing the job correctly the first time. Contact our team today to get started with an estimate.