Improve Indoor Air Quality with Proper Ventilation
Your home should be a comfortable, peaceful place where you can relax and enjoy time with family. However, many Baltimore, MD residents deal with poor indoor air quality that can make living in their homes less than ideal. The team at DeVere Home Performance is here to help. Our technicians have years of experience bringing customers solutions to poor indoor air quality. We will explain the benefits of whole-house ventilation systems and set you up with the perfect unit for your home. Learn more about ventilation systems and how they can make your life and home better.
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
We often worry about outdoor air quality, but indoor air quality can be just as damaging to your health. Many factors affect indoor air quality including humidity and temperature. One of the main culprits of poor indoor air is inadequate ventilation. Poor ventilation can allow mold, dust, and airborne pollutants to enter your home unchecked. Fortunately, there are many solutions to poor indoor air quality including an array of house ventilation options.
What Is a Whole-House Ventilation System?
Whole-house ventilation systems use fans and heat recovery to remove stale air from inside your home. They bring fresh outside air into the home while maintaining the indoor temperature. In addition to bringing fresh air in, ventilation systems also filter the outdoor air by removing any pollen, dust, and insects before pumping the air into your home.
How Does a Whole-Home Ventilation System Work?
House ventilation units use two parallel ducts that connect the inside and outside of the home. One of these ducts transports fresh air into the home, and the other carries humid or stale air out. The ducts work together to optimize moisture in the air, so you don’t have to deal with overly humid air or dry air.
Types of House Ventilation Systems
You have several choices when it comes to house ventilation systems. At DeVere Home Performance we will recommend the system that is best suited for your home. Here is a brief overview of the two most common ventilation types:
- Energy Recovery Ventilation Systems (ERV): These systems are an excellent choice if humidity is an issue in your home. They work to control and minimize moisture in the air, making your home more comfortable for the whole family.
- Heat Recovery Ventilation Systems (HRV): HRV units are often a good choice if you are concerned about straining your HVAC system. These units process outgoing air and use that heat to warm up incoming air. The process reverses in the summer to allow for cooler air in your home.
Signs You Need a New Ventilation System
How do you know when a whole-home ventilation system is necessary? There are several warning signs that indicate poor home ventilation. If you notice any of the following signs, get in touch with DeVere Home Performance for an evaluation:
- Musty smells
- Visible mold growth
- Excess humidity, moisture, and condensation
- Excess dust
- Unexplained allergy-like symptoms
How You Can Benefit from Proper Ventilation
Whole-house ventilation comes with a host of benefits. No matter which type of system is best for your home, you and your family will experience many benefits including:
- Cleanliness: Ventilation systems filter out pollutants and more, making for a cleaner home. You won’t need to worry about excess dust finding its way onto your shelves, tables, and furniture.
- Increased Comfort: No one likes sitting in a humid room. Ventilation systems allow for fresher air and increased comfort in your home.
- Healthier Air: We are all concerned about the health of our family. One of the best ways to improve your family’s well-being is by installing a ventilation system. These systems remove contaminants in the air that tend to trigger respiratory issues. They can also help reduce allergy symptoms by eliminating pet dander, mold, and pollen.
Why Baltimore Chooses Us
Over the years, the Baltimore community has come to trust DeVere Home Performance for a wide range of services including ventilation, insulation, and air sealing. We are dedicated to helping you create a safe and healthy home for the entire family. We abide by a set of core values that include teamwork, owning up to mistakes, and caring for our community. Regardless of the project you contact us about, you can rest easy knowing we have your best interest in mind.
Reach Out to Our Technicians Today
Properly ventilated air is key to a happy, healthy home. If you’re concerned about your home’s ventilation, we encourage you to reach out to our team. We are committed to bringing you friendly customer service and top-notch results. DeVere Home Performance will set you up with a state-of-the-art whole-house ventilation system. Contact us today.