Loose-Fill or Blown-In Insulation in Baltimore, MD
Insulating your home in Baltimore, MD helps keep energy costs low, enhances comfort, and helps improve indoor air quality. The professionals at DeVere Insulation Home Performance have been helping homeowners achieve these results for years, providing a wide array of residential services. Among our products is loose-fill insulation, also known as blown-in insulation. Loose-fill fiberglass insulation is one of the most common types of insulation and is commonly used for insulating attics. During the cold Maryland winters, you want to ensure your family is not vulnerable to a cold residence or skyrocketing utility bills. DeVere Insulation Home Performance is one of the area’s best attic insulation companies, so you can trust us to complete your loose-fill insulation project quickly and effectively. Call us today to learn more about the process.
Understanding the Basics of Loose-Fill Insulation
Loose-fill insulation has been proven to protect homes during warm or cold spells and keep energy costs low. This type of insulation typically consists of cellulose or fiberglass but can also comprise mineral wool. Loose-fill cellulose insulation is made using recycled paper products such as cardboard, paperboard, and even newspapers after they have been treated to resist fire. Its most prevalent counterpart, loose-fill fiberglass insulation, is made of recycled fiberglass – similar to batt insulation. The less common mineral wool style of loose-fill insulation is created using various natural minerals such as basalt or dolomite.
Blown-In Insulation Installation Process
As its name would suggest, this type of attic insulation is blown into your home’s attic to create a thermal barrier. The professionals at DeVere Insulation Home Performance have extensive experience with the process. During installation, our installers connect a length of tubing to an industrial blower, which is then run from the ground into your attic. Installing loose-fill insulation in an open attic is an efficient process and is ideal for new construction and home renovations. Loose-fill insulation can be dense-packed into wall cavities and other closed spaces.
Advantages of Loose-Fill Insulation in Baltimore
The benefits of blown-in insulation are abundant. High-quality insulation promotes greater energy efficiency and can facilitate a more comfortable atmosphere for you, your family, and your guests. Among the many benefits of loose-fill insulation are:
- Lower Energy Costs – For homeowners who prioritize energy efficiency, insulation is a must. By installing blown-in insulation in your attic and walls, you will help keep climate-controlled air inside your home and exterior air out. Because your HVAC system does not have to work as hard, adding insulation can lower your utility bills.
- Comfort – Without placing a considerable strain on your heating and air conditioning system, loose-fill fiberglass insulation can keep you cool during the dog days of summer and cozy throughout the Maryland winter.
- Extra Protection – Loose-fill insulation is often used as an added layer of defense where batt insulation is already present. Because it does not have any seams and can nestle into tight corners and small spaces, it improves insulation by more than 20%.
- Good Air Quality – By adding air sealing when you are insulating your home, indoor air quality can improve.
- Higher Resale Value – Homebuyers are increasingly interested in energy efficiency when searching the real estate market. By upgrading your home with loose-fill insulation, you can make your house more attractive to potential buyers.
- Quiet – Whether you live on a busy street or in the back of a quaint neighborhood, you want to keep outdoor noises to a minimum. Loose-fill insulation can help reduce noise transfer to make your home more peaceful.
- Convenience – Because DeVere Insulation Home Performance’s installation process is so straightforward, you can experience the benefits of blown-in insulation in short order.
Contact DeVere Insulation Home Performance Today
Your home is one of the most significant investments you will ever make, so be sure to protect it – and your family – by installing loose-fill insulation. DeVere Insulation Home Performance has a team of highly trained insulation technicians with extensive experience installing blown-in insulation in the attics and walls of Baltimore area homes. We want to ensure your house is quiet, energy-efficient, and comfortable, so contact us today to request a consultation.