If you’ve been waiting to upgrade your home’s energy performance, you’re in luck! Effective August 15th, 2016, the HVAC program will be implementing an additional 10% increase to rebate incentives on approved HVAC equipment.
Here’s the technical language:
- Customers can receive 10% higher rebates for HVAC equipment if the equipment is installed as part of a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR job.
- To receive HVAC rebates through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, the equipment installation must be installed by an approved contractor in the utility-specific HVAC program
- The rebate application must include shell measures and/or duct sealing as part of the scope of work.
- The HPwES application will also require the AHRI certificate matching the contracted HVAC equipment installation to be uploaded with the application.
That’s all great. But, WHAT DOES THIS REALLY MEAN?
- If you’re going to replace your HVAC equipment, you can get an additional 10% rebate
- To get the additional 10% rebate you must have performed insulation and air sealing upgrades first in accordance with findings from an energy audit
- If you’ve not already had an energy audit performed on your home, this is the first step.
- Combine the 10% HVAC rebate plus rebates from your local utilities and the savings really add up!
We know rebates can be confusing. We are here to help you take advantage of all the rebates available to you! Please call our office with questions (443-770-1111).